I’m Pat De Angelis and I am running for re-election as a District 2* Town Council representative.
As a Councilor, I have created legislation addressing wage theft in the service and construction industries and addressing the use of surveillance technology by the Town. I have also sponsored aspirational resolutions and then worked to move from aspiration to action. I consistently vote to support affordable housing initiatives, climate action, community policing, and the responsible implementation of the four capital projects.
My goals include:
- Implementing zoning changes that support diversity and affordability;
- Supporting the Community Responders for Safety and Service (CRESS) Program;
- Building a permanent Shelter for unhoused residents;
- Implementing the Climate Action and Resilience Plan;
- Supporting a Resident Oversight Committee to address policing;
- Building up the Reparations Fund;
- Addressing staffing issues in Town Departments;
- Implementing the capital building projects; and
- Addressing the deep divisions that exist in Amherst.
I listen to and am impacted by the voices in our community, maintain a belief in collaboration and consensus, and I speak my mind.
Vote early or Vote on Tuesday November 2, but please vote!
In-Person Early Voting at First Floor Meeting Room in Town Hall on:
Monday, October 25, 2021; 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Tuesday, October 26, 2021; 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Wednesday, October 27, 2021; 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Thursday, October 28, 2021; 8:30 am to 8:00 pm
Friday, October 29, 2021; 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
November 2nd Polls are open 7 AM – 8 PM
*District 2 is composed of Precinct 2 (voting at Amherst-Pelham Regional High School at 21 Mattoon Street. ) and Precinct 6 (voting at Fort River School).